👉🏽Join Wahine Coder's 🙌🏽 Micro-Movement 🤩
I hope all is well with you! In the creation of Wahine Coder, it has always been my commitment to provide an avenue for Giveback! In this blog entry I will share two community building initiatives with you! Please read on!
As you may know, I dove head first into coding nearly eight years ago and it was the most pivotal moment that I made in my career. Prior to my early thirties, I had not been exposed to coding at all. Early in my journey, more than often, I was the only woman in the room. And that led me to dig in deeper!
What I learned is only 26% of the computing workforce in 2017 were held by women. The breakdown below reveals more:
- 5% are Asian American women
- 3% are African American women
- 1% are Hispanic women
Notice, native Hawaiian, indigenous women, and LGBTQ individuals are NOT listed in these statistics. Why? I simply couldn’t find any?
My hope is that through building a community together, we can elevate these statistics. I want to see a future where we and the future generations are reflected in the tech workforce, the entrepreneurial sector, creative commerce, and in leadership roles.
There are two ways YOU can help! Join this Micro-Movement by signing up for my newsletter (on the homepage) and joining me each month for “The Transform Hour”, where we come together virtually to share and learn on topics from Coding, Creativity, Commerce, & Content Development!
How you can help to grow this Micro-Movement?
- Sign you up for my newsletter. It will be delivered to your inbox every 3rd Wednesday of the month starting THIS July!
- Is there a topic you want to explore for The Transform Hour, leave me a note here. Mark your calendars, The Transform Hour is set for the last Saturday of the month starting THIS July!
- Forward this email to a friend & encourage them to join!
me ke aloha pumehana,